Friday 21 June 2013

Ballerina

Look who is finally dancing again...








Elena has finally started dance lessons again. Now that Jacob isn't napping in the afternoons anymore, we found a perfect dance school, at a perfect time and day for us, that accepted Elena in straight away...it was just meant to be. 
So she traded in her Jazz shoes (much to my sadness) for ballet slippers and had her first lesson on Wednesday and loved it!

 Elena has always wanted to do Ballet. Even when she was doing Jazz in Emerald, she was begging me to also enrol her in the ballet class held before her jazz class. And I almost did, but things got hectic when we decided to move across the country so she never got to do it. So when we were discussing dance lessons again, all she wanted to do was ballet, ballet and ballet. No matter how much I tried to convince her to keep up her Jazz (since she had done two years of it and was so good at it), she wouldn't budge. I even showed her a video clip that aunty Georgia had shown me of this little girl doing some rhythmical hip hop (ok, I totally think that is waaaay cooler than ballet, and I would totally love to dance like that!),  but Elena responded with "that's cool mum. But I like ballet, it's so graceful."
So after my little 'try to change her mind and lead her in the "right" direction' plan failed (I know, I know, shame on me!), we now  have a graceful little ballerina!  Plus, I really should be grateful that I have a little girl who wants to be 'graceful' rather than 'hip'.

Now, just a warning, but I'm about to do some major bragging! When Elena came out of her first ballet lesson, her teacher approached me and we had this following conversation:


Teacher: "She hasn't had any previous dance lessons???" (as I had mentioned to her at the start that this was her first BALLET lesson)

Me: (thinking "oh no, was it too different and advanced for her?") "yeah, she did two years in Emerald, but it was for Jazz"

Teacher: "oh, I thought this couldn't possibly be her first dance lesson experience! She did everything so well, she was really good. I'm really impressed with her"

Me: "Oh, thanks! That's great to hear!" (with the biggest smile on my face! I always knew she was a great dancer, but it's so nice to hear it from a non bias person, and who actually knows what they're talking about!) 



So you were right all along El. You were meant for this. You are a little ballerina. Now dance my pretty... DANCE!



1 comment:

  1. She may the next Margot Fonteyne..and she looks absolutely beautiful in her outfit....xoxox

    ReplyDelete