Sunday 16 June 2013

My clever little cookie

Elena has always been my clever little cookie. She is doing so well at school being in the high level groups for both her literacy and numeracy, and I'm also so lucky that she has always been so independent and capable with her school work. This really comes in handy when she does her homework in the afternoons and hardly ever needs my help. She knows the routine, organises herself and just gets on with her work...bless her!

So it was no surprise to me when the award she received at her school assembly this week was for :

" The fantastic application and perserverance she demonstrates at school, particularly during independant learning tasks "- Mrs Caple.






I'm so proud of my El Belle and how well she has settled into her new school. Yes, she still begs me every morning to let her go to class on her own, and these days she's even trying to convince me to let her walk to school all by her self... " I promise i'll be careful mum, I know what to do" she says. I've told her that maybe when she's 10 (thought that might buy me some time!). 
She has made lots of friends and is always welcomed in the morning by all of them like she's a little star with her adoring fans. I was even told by one of the school mums that her little girl was so upset when Elena went home sick one day this week, and even shed some tears as she was sad that Elena wouldn't be at school the next day... isn't that sweet?! I'm glad she has such caring friends. 

Anyways, having neglected my blog for a whole year, and while we're on the topic of my clever little cookie, I thought I might as well put a pic and mention the award she got at her old school for:

"working really well in reading groups, picking out sight words, and always being a terrific friend and helper" - Mrs Davis





THAT'S MY GIRL!!! XO



1 comment:

  1. She has always been such a clever little girl. Give her big kisses and tell her i love her xoxo

    ReplyDelete